The Data Science Initiative provides advice and collaboration services to researchers
(faculty, post-docs, graduate students, staff) on
all aspects of the Data Science process.
This data pipeline includes
We have office hours for advising.
We are also very interested in collaborating on more significant, longer-term
- Accessing data (e.g., from Web pages, APIs, databases)
- Structuring data for analysis (e.g., relational databases, NoSQL, text search engines, Hive, Pig)
- Visualization for exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Approaches to cleaning data
- Data Management and curation, Security and Privacy
- Data Analysis via Statistical and Machine learning and modeling
- Visualization and Presentation of Results (e.g., Web based visualization, dashboards)
- Computational Issues (e.g., parallel computing, algorithmic and software development)
- Making data available to others via Web APIs, or bulk-download
- Reproducability and Provenance
The Statistics Lab
on campus also provides consulting for statistical topics.
Data Science Initiative
Last modified: Fri Apr 17 10:33:26 PDT 2015