Mission of the Data Science Initiative
The primary missions of the Data Science Initiative are
education and research. Both aspects are inherently inter-disciplinary
and specifically trying to go beyond what individual departments
and programs can provide.
- Improve general basic data literacy.
- Train students at all levels in the essentials of Data Science.
- Complement the existing educational programs to provide the inter-disciplinary education for
- Facilitate research involving Data Science.
- Enable qualitatively new research made possible by data and Data Science, helping
researchers in different fields to identify and exploit new opportunities.
- Foster inter-disciplinary research using Data Science as a common pillar.
Data Science @ UC Davis
Last modified: Sun Nov 23 14:26:30 PST 2014